Product improvement and diversification strategy
- Take advantage of the previously untapped natural
- Introduce new man-made attractions in different
- Regulate the operations and investments in the area to ensure proper planning and sustainability of the
- Identification and promotion of community-based
- Expand to new segments of existing markets and venture to new
- Repackage tourism product with local market interests and air adverts on local media to change attitude towards travel and
- Knowledge capturing and packaging
Digitizing the travel and tourism industry
- Geospatial presentation of Tourism resources in
- Digitization of tourism activities in Kenya through creation of more virtual tours/safaris.
- Introduction of e-commerce in tourism transactions.
Communication and marketing recovery strategies
- Invest in digital
- Increase marketing to the existing
- Ensure targeted actions and enhanced return on
- Identify and promote new and improved product and link to the
- Boost consumer confidence through marketing and provision of incentives in order to hasten recovery.
Pricing revision for Tourism Products in Kenya
- Measuring of Willingness to accept compensation (WTA) and Willingness to pay (WTP) through contingent valuation, experimental auction, conjoint analysis etc.
Domestic tourism growth
- Put in place marketing activities and incentives that will facilitate domestic
- Heightened tourism marketing activities to Kenyans through TV, Radio, Internet, Print media, Social media.
- Target Growing Middle Class – 1,020,681 (36.9%) of employed
- Propose one week national-wide holiday for all working population during August and December school holidays and Holidays as non-wage
- Repackage tourism product with local market interests. This can start at the counties’ level up to the national
- Make domestic travel more attractive through
- Provision of accessible information and ease of
- Organized road transport to events and
- Development of circuits with specific
- Encourage local
- Encourage more Kenyans to travel for business and leisure purposes within the
- Make domestic market economically viable for the private
- Optimum pricing of the tourism products for the domestic
- The industry to encourage the frontline employees to travel first to kick-start the domestic offering.
- Develop a package to use nature trail day long with a distancing
- Target leisure travelers first as they will have the urge and desire to travel following government restrictions to
- Sensitize the domestic market on the health benefits of relaxation and rest to stimulate travelling for leisure and
- Intensify research to establish the needs of the domestic
Regional tourism growth
- Harmonize the timelines (when to re-open borders) and procedures for border re-openings including quarantine and requirements to protect the health and safety of travelers and citizens.
- Lay a strong emphasis on regional tourism in Eastern Africa and Africa in general and develop joint marketing
- Joint packaging of thematic multi-country tour
- Promote intra-regional travel through reduction of the fare, by reducing
- Discounts to EAC citizens and have preferential rates for the regional markets for tourist attractions and accommodation facilities in
- Strengthened partnerships especially for private sector stakeholders i.e. airlines, tour operators, travel agencies and accommodation facilities in the
- Full implementation of the Single African Air Transport
- Increase efforts to develop diversified tourism products the regional tourist
- Allow travelers to switch towards more reputed, trust worthy and low- cost
- Implement Open Skies policies in the
- Enhance partnerships with our neighbors (East Africa Community) and the whole Africa.
Boosting consumer confidence
- Enhance quality service delivery by ensuring compliance with the set standards and
- Revise pricing for different market
- Arrangements for customers after the crisis by rescheduling cancelled holidays and flight tickets & ensuring tourists are fully
- Develop mechanisms for settling disputes and promote fair complaint management for customers.
- Develop a special video clip advert showcasing the major steps followed when delivering services to visitors (domestic and international) at the entry and exit points to protect them from COVID-19
- Provision of clear cut details of transportation to designated hospitals to cater to the needs of any victim of COVID-19.